Word

3.31.2006

iMOGEN HEAP

So one day at the Senate Office I ended up listening to this CD as it was in the computer at the time. At first I thought it was pretty good, but I didn't think much of it right away. So some time later I had a craving to listen to it again. So, my good friend, Denise , let me borrow the cd - called Speak For Yourself - about 2 days ago. I am not going to lie, i've probably listened to it 7 or 8 times in the last 2 days. (Probably helped that I spent the last two days writing a paper, pulling an all nighter to finish it and all.) The artist, Imogen, is amazing - her innocent voice matched with the electronic rythm produces a sound that i haven't heard anywhere else. It is truly unique in that you can't put into a genre. The music is really soothing and peaceful, yet very interesting and with plenty of emotion and energy. I definately suggest listening to the CD! (I wouldn't be talking about it on my site if I didn't think it was good!). If you want to visit her website, check it out here. You can also listen to some of her songs on the website. Enjoy!
:: posted by craig, 00:07

7 Comments:

Woohoo!!! Craig, I gotta say, I am loving this post of yours! :) And am I loving the fact that we're getting you outta the top 40 box of music - this is a good thing!! A heads up for everyone else - if you like Imogen Heap, please check out Frou Frou (another Imogen Heap product)! The sound is awesome!

denise <><
Blogger detayl, at 4:22 p.m.  
Wow. Ok this has got to me the most amazing coinsidence ever. Alright so I was browsing though Brent Miedima's MSN space. (I know his brother Greg) and I saw the name. "Craig Vanderveen" and Manitoba. I had to check...was this the same Criag I "knew"from Carman CanRef or some random guy? lol you probably don't really remember me...but I'm sure you know my family. Ah you gotta love being infamous. :P Anyways...just ya...I'm still stunned. This is way too weird.
Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:25 p.m.  
hmm... maybe ill leave one of my cds in the senate comp for you to have a listen. ill even let you borrow it too, youll get hooked to country eventually.
Blogger Katrina VandenBerg, at 10:54 p.m.  
Hmmm....maybe you should hang out with me this summer Craig - I could get you hooked on country in no time!! What do you say? Come over to the Dark Side!!
Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:25 p.m.  
Trust me, Craig will have a difficult time turning over to country. I was his roommate for a year, and no such luck. I've lived with him for two years now, and no such luck. I just don't see it happening.

In other news... my little brother's friends look at my msn space? Should I be scared?
Blogger brent g. miedema, at 11:09 a.m.  
let me just make one thing clear. country = death to me. i would rather be set on fire than listen to country. admittingly, back in the day i used to love country. for, like, 4 years from grades 4-7, etc. but in grade 7 i moved on. and i have hated it ever since. with the fire of a thousand suns.
Blogger craig, at 8:24 p.m.  
atta boy Craig!
Blogger detayl, at 9:46 p.m.  

Add a comment