Word

1.18.2006

That Ain't Right

So today I went to chapel thinking that I was going to take a break in my busy schedule and worship God. Much to my surprise the chapel service was not that at all, rather, it was a lecture by a visiting professor from Calvin. I find thatjust because the lecture dealt with the role of religion in the study of science didn't mean that it was suitable for chapel. The purpose of chapel is to worship God through song and prayer, not listen to another academic lecture despite it's dealings with religious matters. To think that the administration put this on is absurd; it seems that they thought by quickly having an opening devotion and singing a hymn before the lecture that they could make this into a chapel service. Such an endorsement by the administration leaves me grossly disappointed; don't get me wrong,I have no problem with the lecturer and what he was saying, i just think that there is a time and a place for such lectures, that is, outside of chapel.
:: posted by craig, 20:02

1 Comments:

amen
Blogger Katrina VandenBerg, at 1:05 a.m.  

Add a comment