Word

6.17.2005

Driving home to Manitoba

So last night i finally arrived home at Manitoba. The trip was relatively uneventful but im going to tell you about it anyways. Tuesday afternoon I went to Walmart and bought a pair of the biggest and ugliest sunglasses i could find, some baby crackers, and some heating pads for sore muscles. Being ready for the trip, I met up with Nan and Nick and we went out for pizza and beer, coffee, and then went to the shopping mall. After the guys left I began my 21 hour treck home. The border was awesome. The guard didn't even look at my i.d. He just was like okay, have a nice day. So it pretty much has been my best border experience ever (as some of you know that i always have problems with the border). After 2 hours in the states i was already feeling tired. being worried about feeling exhausted already i decided to pull over in a michigan rest area and i slept for an hour in the back of my car. at 2:20 a.m. i left the rest station and continued my journey. i decided in indiana that i wanted to brush my teeth. and so i did. at around 5 am i hit chicago...i found it quite busy for the time....there were less tolls than last time i went through, but the increased toll rates definately made up for the missing ones. i began to get tired again in wisconsin and so i pulled over and slept in a best buy parking lot for an hour. i than departed there from around 8:30 and commenced a series of pit stops to fill up with gas, eat, brush my teeth. unexpected diarhea also set in in wisconsin and so many more pit stops were made. minnesota was relatively boring. by that time the sun had come out and so i tanned my left arm in the window. my mom also phoned me and talked to me for a bit. one of the suvs that sped past me had three gunholes in the back door. i also made a turtle friend on the road...i named him ferdy. though our friendship was short, it was a sad one as i realized that he was trying to cross the merging lane onto the interstate and had a 20% chance of surviving. so wherever you are ferdy...cheers. north dakota was boring...they had these random billboards along the road that had wierd slogans like "be polite", "be Nice" and the "Do your best" one pictured above. crazy americans. anyways, i was just anxious to get to the border and the 130km speed limit helped out nicely with that. the border was nice and soon i was in ol' manitoba. i arrived in carman and at my brother soccer game at 8:30 pm. and so im home. nothing much has changed...my room has been taken over by this gigantic bowflex machine. i tried it out today...yah so lost. theres is a billion handles and bars and things...i don't know whats going on. so im sleeping in my little brothers room for the summer. my dog is like 10 times bigger than last time i saw him in christmas. he now comes up to my nose when he stands on his hind legs. i thought he was going to kill me as he was running for me as i just got home. i also find out that he pretty much is a king at our house. he refuses to drink water out of a pail so my parents will turn on one of the taps in the kitchen or bathroom and he will get up on his two hind legs and drink out of the tap. he also eats alot of the food we eat. my parents think dog food is inhumane for dogs or something like that. i dunno. crazy people. but really that is about it. anyways, im going to bed. out.
:: posted by craig, 02:48

0 Comments:

Add a comment